ok, so here's my second attempt at blogging today. maybe it will be easier if i put it in point form. yup, let's give that a go.
- didn't work today. nation-wide strike that you can read about here. actually i haven't had to work much at all for the last two weeks. my high school students have been on strike because of the whole fiasco. i'm still a little shocked that they can actually do that, but then not really as i do live in france. they have to learn the striking mentality somewhere and the earlier the better i suppose.
- henri and i are looking for a new place to live. starting in june we have to pay rent where we are living, so it seems like a good idea to go out and find someplace where we actually want to live, not just because it's free. i am looking forward to having a room for the baby and in the meantime a room for some friends coming in the summer. in the village, it seems available places are few and far between, but we do have a few leads. and if all else fails, we have the option of moving to pierre & marie-line's apartment (cousins, of course). they move to the family campground for the summer and thus their apartment sits empty.
- been busy planning an italian trip that i am pretty stoked about. me and 3 other girls are road-tripping central and northern italy in june. yes, i know i will be more than 5 months pregnant, but unlike my last trip, i will not be myself and i will be well into my second trimester, a time i am told, that brings more energy, less nausea, less peeing every 30 minutes. we'll be an eclectic group, with the only person in common to all the girls is me. natalie a friend from my starbucks days, jennifer a new friend who lives here too, and laure, henri's cousin, are all coming along. i can't wait for june.
- next tuesday we have an appointment for another ultra sound. it will be nice to see the baby again and know that yes, he/she is still there and moving around. i am really looking forward to when i can actually feel the movements. that will be very reassuring to me. in baby name news, henri is still stuck on names that start with Z. zonk has been a particular favorite lately. what am i going to do? we were at his cousin's house for dinner, they are expecting a baby about a month after us. the topic of baby names inevitably came up. now, have i told you about the french's obsession for bruce willis? well here is a good case in point. henri's cousin philippe loves the movie the fifth element and if they have a girl, they are thinking of leeloo. seriously. suddenly henri's Z names are not so scary sounding in comparison.
- well that's about it. kind of been quiet around here. it was beautiful today...20 degrees, but tomorrow i fully expect it to start raining or a wind storm to hit. spring is like that.
well that's it for me folks. just feeling a little blah lately. when my primary kids don't know an answer they say "zucchini!" they love that word for some reason and get the biggest kick out of saying it. maybe i should try that.