if there's one thing that's universal, it's that your computer will crash if you've put a lot of work into something and not saved it. so, music meme, take two.
i know, i know, another meme. i think they're a simple way to get to know bloggers better, plus it gives me a focus, and jenn tagged me so i have to do it, right? seeing as she took her liberties with the meme, i'm going to as well and actually do the meme i saw at meredith did at poppy fields.
“If you were only allowed five songs, what would they be? Take five that you would happily hold onto if all the rest of your music was demanded from you.”
- wonderwall by oasis. during last summer's road trip to italy with natalie and jennifer we got lost often. when i say often, i mean everytime we came into a new city and needed to find our hostel/hotel, we drove in circles and circles. this song frequently came on jen's ipod and it became our lost theme music. i can't listen to it without thinking about that memorable trip.
- how do you solve a problem like maria, the nuns on the sound of music. i love this movie. choosing just one song is really hard. however, it's lines like she could throw a whirling dervish out of whirl that put this one in the win column. ayva always gets the biggest grin on her face when i sing. i know, great confidence booster! her favorite music so far seems to be this soundtrack, abba, and the spice girls. i'm not sure where she heard the latter, must have been with her dad. also, check out this hilarious S.O.M. spoof on the family guy.
- tie: love and happiness by al green and buffalo soldier by bob marley. i worked for starbucks for 2.5 years and these two songs totally make me think of my time there, dancing around the store after hours doing espresso shots.
- we used to be friends, by the dandy warhols. this is the theme song to veronica mars. our first winter in corsica, henri and i watched the first two seasons almost back to back. needless to say we got to know the theme song so well that we even developed a bit of a dance routine to it. we're so nerdy! this season however, they re-did the song and made the beat all funky and almost impossible to do our routine to. so sad.
- if you're not the one, daniel bedingfield. some of you know that henri and i were separated for 15 months back in 2002-2003. i listened to this song a. lot. during that time, frequently crying. listening to it now, it doesn't have the same emotional resonance, but i still really like it.
whoah, that was hard. i have tooo many favorite songs. by the way, anyone know where the title of this post comes from? i changed it a teensy bit so you can't google it as easily. perhaps i'll send the winner a little something special. :)